Program Terms and Conditions
The Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program is operated by Dymocks Franchise Systems (NSW) Pty Limited ACN 002 989 862 (Dymocks). Each member of the Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program is bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Joining the Program
1. Each application for membership of the Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program is subject to acceptance by Dymocks in its absolute discretion.
2. Only individuals can apply for Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program membership. Corporations, partnerships, trusts and other entities are not eligible to participate in the Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program.
3. Employees of Dymocks, of any participating Dymocks company or franchise store are eligible to enter the Dymocks Staff Booklover Program.
4. Employees of Dymocks' advertising agency are not eligible to participate in the Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program.
5. Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program membership is only activated on receipt by Dymocks of a fully completed and signed application form or by valid registration accepted through Dymocks stores or online at Dymocks Online (www.dymocks.com.au).
6. A Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program member may only hold one Booklover Card. Booklover membership and cards cannot be held jointly.
Types of Membership
7. The Booklover Program will has Classic and Gold tiers of membership for customers and a Staff tier for employees of Dymocks and franchised stores. Each tier of membership attracts different entitlements. All new customer members will be Classic members.
8. To advance from Classic to Gold a member must spend $650 within a consecutive 12 month period. To retain the Gold tier members must spend $650 in every subsequent 12 month period. If a member in the Gold Tier does not achieve the spending limit in any 12 month period, their account will automatically change to Classic and will earn and will attract the points earning for the Classic tier.
9. Dymocks reserves the right to change the tiers of membership, the qualifications for joining or remaining in a tier and the membership entitlements for each tier, from time to time.
10. For Classic membership, five Booklover Points will be earned for every whole dollar spent at a participating Dymocks store or Dymocks Online on eligible purchases. Five Booklover Points equals five whole cents and will be communicated in redeemable monetary value. Dymocks may also offer bonus Points from time to time on terms set by Dymocks in its absolute discretion.
11. For Gold membership, seven Booklover Points will be earned for every whole dollar spent at a participating Dymocks store or Dymocks Online on eligible purchases. Seven Booklover Points equals seven whole cents and will be communicated in redeemable monetary value. Dymocks may also offer bonus Points from time to time on terms set by Dymocks in its absolute discretion.
12. For Staff Booklover membership, points are earned at the rate specified in the "Staff Booklover Information Sheet" provided to employees of Dymocks and franchised stores at the commencement of their employment. The rate at which points are earned may be varied at any time by Dymocks in its discretion.
13. Booklover Points will be allocated to a Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program member account for in store purchases immediately after each eligible purchase or at Dymocks Online when the sale is completed and payment is received, subject to specific promotion terms and system availability.
14. A Dymocks Booklover account must be used at the time of sale for Booklover Points to be earned. This can occur through staff looking up a member in the system, presentation of a Dymocks Booklover Card or entering appropriate log-in information at Dymocks Online. Points will only be awarded after a sale is completed and upon successful attribution of the sale to a Booklover Rewards account.
15. Booklover Points are personal and cannot be transferred.
16. Booklover Points balances and other details can, subject to system availability, be checked at Dymocks Online www.dymocks.com.au.
17. Booklover Points expire at 30 June every year for all Booklover accounts that have a status of "Closed", "Inactive", "Dormant" and "Temporary". Points on Temporary accounts will only expire if the customer has not made an eligible purchase in the two years prior to 30 June. Members will be advised via email one month prior to the date the points expire and given the opportunity to redeem points provided Dymocks has a valid email address and members have opted in to receive communication from Dymocks.
Redemption of Points
18. Booklover Points can only be redeemed for goods and services sold at participating Dymocks stores in Australia or at www.dymocks.com.au, or at other nominated Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program partners.
19. Booklover Points are redeemable by attributing the sale against an active Booklover Rewards account at any participating Dymocks store or at Dymocks Online. This is done by presenting a Booklover Rewards Card, being identified in the Booklover Rewards database by store staff or by completing a purchase through Dymocks Online where the Booklover Rewards account is linked to the customer login and sale.
20. Booklover Points will not be earned on the purchase of a Dymocks gift card, delivery charges for a purchase at www.dymocks.com.au, iTunes Gift Card or Audible Books and cannot be redeemed to buy a Dymocks gift card. However Booklover points may be earned when using Dymocks gift cards for payment of eligible purchases.
21. For Classic and Gold membership, the minimum redemption is 500 Booklover Points ($5) in any one transaction. For Staff membership, Booklover Points are redeemable at the rate specified in the "Staff Booklover Information Sheet" provided to employees of Dymocks and franchised stores at the commencement of their employment.
22. Dymocks will endeavour to provide at least 60 days' notice of any increase to the minimum redemption amount.
23. No change will be given for purchases valued at less than the face value of the Booklover Points you redeem.
24. Booklover Points cannot be redeemed for cash.
25. Refunds will only be provided for goods and services purchased using a Dymocks Booklover Card in accordance with Dymocks refunds and returns policy. In the event of a refund, any Booklover Points earned for the original purchase will be deducted from the Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program account, and if purchased using redeemed Booklover Points in partial or full payment, Booklover Points will not be refunded.
Privacy and Security
27. Registered Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program members will receive regular Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program communications including details of Booklover Points balances.
28. Personal Information will only be used for marketing, promotion and provision of information which Dymocks deems would be of interest to Booklovers.
29. We may also disclose your Personal Information to our suppliers who: - Provide customer service and operate Dymocks' inbound call centres; or - Conduct market research and analysis; or - Provide marketing services.
30. Your Dymocks Online password must not be disclosed to any other person.
31. Dymocks reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program at any time by providing not less than 60 days' notice to members. If the program is terminated then all rights in accrued Booklover Points cease.
32. Membership in the Booklover Program may be terminated immediately by Dymocks if Dymocks has reasonable grounds to suspect that a Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program member has shop-lifted or defrauded Dymocks or the Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program in any way.
33. Dymocks may terminate any membership of the Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program without notice, if the relevant member: fails to comply with these membership Terms and Conditions; engages in misleading or deceptive conduct in connection with the Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program; or the member does not use his or her membership card for a period of 12 months, or dies or becomes bankrupt.
34. A staff Booklover account may be converted to a Classic Booklover account or terminated if the member ceases to be an employee of Dymocks or a franchised store.
35. A member may terminate his or her membership in the Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program at any time by giving written notice to Dymocks.
36. All Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program cards remain the property of Dymocks.
37. Dymocks may appoint its franchise owners of any participating Dymocks store to exercise any discretion conferred on Dymocks under these Terms and Conditions.
38. Dymocks is not responsible for stolen or lost Booklover Cards or for Booklover accounts which have been improperly accessed or used by third parties either through your computer equipment or through use of your Dymocks Online password.
39. To the extent permitted by law, any liability that Dymocks may have to a member relating in any way to the Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program whether for negligence, breach of contract or otherwise is limited:
• in the case of any claim relating to points, to crediting the relevant number of points to the member's account; and
• in any other case, to a maximum of $0.01 for each point in the member's account at the time the liability arose.
40. All conditions and warranties, whether express or implied and whether arising under statute or otherwise, are expressly excluded to the full extent permitted by law.
41. Dymocks may make any changes at any time in its absolute discretion, to these Terms and Conditions. Dymocks will endeavour to provide at least 60 days' notice of any such changes.
42. 42. Where Dymocks is required to give notice under these Terms and Conditions, notice may be given by either publishing a notice on the Dymocks website located at www.dymocks.com.au and/or by email to the members of the Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program. If you have any questions in relation to the Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program please contact your nearest participating Dymocks Store in Australia or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions in relation to the Dymocks Booklover's Rewards Program please contact your nearest participating Dymocks Store in Australia or email@example.com