Meet sporting legend Mitchell Johnson!
Mitchell will be signing copies of his new book Resiliant.
Mitchell Johnson is a once-in-a-generation Australian cricketer, a devastating left-arm fast bowler who became a household name following his epic performance in the Ashes series in 2013-14 and the subsequent Test series against South Africa.
Raised in Townsville, Queensland, Johnson’s first love was tennis – it was really only at the urging of his mates that he gave cricket a go. Dennis Lillee recognised his potential at seventeen, and it was at Lillee’s urging that Johnson moved to Adelaide to take up a place at the Australian Cricket Academy. In a first-class career spanning 14 years, Johnson has seen incredible highs and crushing lows – and his unexpected comeback at the age of 32 is arguably one of the greatest of any generation.
- In the top 10 fastest bowlers in the history of cricket
- Second Australian to take 300+ wickets and score 2000+ runs in Test matches – one of only 13 players ever to achieve this
- Fourth highest wicket-taker in Test matches for Australia after Warne, McGrath and Lillee
- Fastest ball 156.8 kmph
- 2014 ICC Test Player of the Year
- 2009, 2014 ICC Cricketer of the Year
- 2014 Allan Border Medal