Terms and Conditions
01. Information on how to enter and on the prizes form part of these terms and conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid.
02. Promotion commences Friday 27 May 2016 at 9 am AEST and entries are due by Monday 11 July 2016 at 11:59 pm AEST.
03. Entry is open to residents of Australia and only one entry per person will be accepted. Employees of Dymocks Books or any Dymocks branded book store at not eligible for entry.
04. Dymocks reserves the right to request verification of identity, residential address of winner and any other information relevant to entry into or participation in this promotion. Verification is at the discretion of Dymocks, whose decision is final. Dymocks reserves the right to disqualify any individual who is involved in any way in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this promotion.
05. Entry must be made in one submission. The first component is to cover your 400 word synopsis, followed by your opening 10 pages of your own writing in one document. The judges reserve the right to reject work exceeding the nominated word count or not following the guidelines for submission.
06. The story can be based on any theme but must be fictional.
07. Entries may be emailed to email@example.com with your full name and book title in the subject heading. Please note that Dymocks will not accept original hard copy materials.
08. All entries must include the entrants name, address, telephone number and email address. No updated or revised versions of entries will be considered after initial entry. Dymocks will only accept one entry per person.
09. Dymocks accepts no responsibility for entries not received due to any technical problems.
10. The winner will be judged by Australian author Fiona McIntosh. All decisions by the judge are final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winner will be announced by Monday, July 18 2016. The winner and entrants will be advised via email of the winner. The winner’s details will be published on Dymocks’ website, social media and via electronic mail.
12. Copyright will remain with the entrant but Dymocks and any third party authorised by Dymocks may, for any purpose, reproduce any work submitted for entry at any point in the future in hard copy, performance readings, adaptations and electronic media. To the extent necessary, each entrant is deemed to have granted to Dymocks a non-exclusive, irrevocable and perpetual fee free licence to reproduce the entrant’s work. To the extent permitted by applicable law, entrants unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any moral rights in any materials submitted as part of their entry and waive all moral rights in such materials.
14. Entrants confirm and promise that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. Copying an existing poem/story is called plagiarising and it is against the law. If plagiarism occurs, the entrant will be disqualified. Dymocks will not be held responsible for any plagiarised work entered into the competition.
15. Dymocks reserves the right to disqualify unsuitable entries.
16. If insufficient entries have been received in the opinion of the promoter, Dymocks reserves the right to cancel the competition.
17. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice and their entry in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
18. The Promoter is Dymocks Franchise Systems (NSW) Pty Ltd ABN 73 002 989 862 of Level 6, 428 George Street, Sydney NSW, Australia 2000, telephone 02 9224 0411.