"The coolest--and easiest--book for new parents" --Parents magazine
You could read 34 parenting books on sleep, eating, potty training, discipline, and brain development. Or you could read Zero to Five: 70 Essential Parenting Tips Based on Science. Tracy Cutchlow cuts to the chase, summarizing the best scientific research in bite-sized chunks. One tip per page + beautiful photographs = cool + easy.
"The best I've seen in a long time." "My go-to source." "Fabulous." --Parent educators, childbirth-class teachers, early-learning advocates
Combining the warmth of a best friend with her simple, clear style, Tracy addresses questions such as:
* Should I talk to my pregnant belly / newborn? Is that going to feel weird? (Yes, and absolutely.)
* How do I help baby sleep well? (Start with the 45-minute rule.)
* How can I instill a love of learning in my child? (With specific types of praise and criticism.)
* What boosts my child’s success in school? (It's not what you think.)
* My kindergartner loves videos and cell-phone games. That’s cool, right? (If you play, too.)
* What tamps down temper tantrums? (Naming emotions out loud.)
* My sweet baby just hit a playmate / lied to me about un-potting the plant / talked back. Now what? (OK, this is a whole section of the book.)
* How do I get through an entire day of this? (With help. Lots of help.)
Zero to Five is here to help. Make it your guide to the crazy wonderful journey that is parenting.