The wireless pioneer William C.Y. Lee, technology leader and author of the #1 book on wireless communications, has now completely updated his classic. This all-new, in-depth engineering guide for both voice and data services, Wi-Fi, 3G, WiMAX, and more, is essential reading for anyone working in this dynamic field.
- On-the-ground engineering coverage of B2G, 3G, B3G, 4G, and all other major systems
- Specifications for AMPS, GSM Family, iDEN, PHS, cdmaOne, WCDMA, HSDPA, CDMA2000, EV-DO, EV-DV, TD-SCDMA, Wi-Fi, WiMAX, etc.
- Antenna specifications for base stations and handsets
- Introduction of new technologies -- CS-OFDM, MIMO, LDPC, Turbo Code, CCK Code, RFID, etc.
- Engineering parameters for portable systems, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, UWB, ZigBee, IR, and more
- Intelligent Cells -- All IP, in-building systems, etc.
- Intelligent Networks -- All IP, ad hoc, mesh, sensor, etc.
- Switches -- Circuit, Packet, ATM, Soft, etc.
INSIDE: INSIGHTFUL, IN-DEPTH ENGINEERING
* Introduction to Wireless Communications * Introduction to Cellular Systems * Specification of Analog Cellular Systems * Specification of Digital Cellular Systems * Specification of Newly Mobile Systems * Specification of WLAN and WMAN Systems * Cell Coverage and Antennas * Cochannel Interference * Types of Noncochannel Interference * Frequency Management and Channel Assignment * Handoffs and Dropped Calls * Operational Technology and Techniques * Switching and Traffic * Data Links and Microwaves * System Evaluations * Intelligent Cell Concept * Intelligent and All-IP Networks * Mobile Communications-Related Topics * 4G Perspectives