The Church at Worship is a series of documentary case studies of specific worshiping communities from around the world and throughout Christian history. This inaugural volume, Walking Where Jesus Walked
, uses vivid descriptions of Jerusalem, its history, its people, and its worship practices to set the stage for a rich selection of primary church documents, presenting readers with a vibrant snapshot of the church at Jerusalem in the fourth century.
Some of the primary materials included here:
- Select art, artifacts, and architectural drawings
- Egeria's Diary: A Pilgrim's Observations of Jerusalem at Worship
- The lectionary and communion prayer likely used in Jerusalem
- The Liturgy of St. James, historically associated with Jerusalem
- Excerpts from the sermons of Cyril, bishop of Jerusalem