Tourism and Entrepreneurship: International Perspectives provides an innovative, interdisciplinary approach. This book takes, as its central theme, the role of entrepreneurship in the context of regional, local and national tourism development. By engaging with top academics in both tourism and entrepreneurship, this book delivers a cohesive, interdisciplinary examination of the most recent developments in both tourism and entrepreneurship.
Several key themes are explored and articulated through the following concepts and issues: tourism, innovation and entrepreneurship; the role and nature of individual and collective entrepreneurship in different contexts; the role of tourism in responding to development opportunities created by global forces and, finally, issues associated with tourism strategies and policies. Divided into four parts, the book reflects on the most relevant areas of tourism entrepreneurship:
- understanding the conceptual basis of tourism entrepreneurship
- creative use of entrepreneurship and processes of social innovation
- tourism entrepreneurship mediating the global-local divide
- sectoral strategies and policy issues of tourism entrepreneurship.
Tourism and Entrepreneurship: International Perspectives also:
- explains the impact of tourism entrepreneurship on places and overall regional and destination development
- examines the role of the public sector in facilitating the need for sustainable tourism development
- examines the effects and implications of funding schemes and support programmes
- takes the owner, manager and entrepreneur as the starting point of analysis to explore specific issues
- allows practitioners and policy-makers to explore practical applications and best practice of theory through a diverse range of international case studies
- contributed to by an international team of leading scholars in tourism and entrepreneurship
This book is a unique combination of theory, case studies and discussion highlighting the importance of entrepreneurial tourism activity for economic success. It is essential reading for students and researchers in both tourism and entrepreneurship.