The Definitive Guide to Process Improvement & Operational Excellence. This complete body of knowledge for process improvement professionals provides an easy-to-understand foundation for process maturity capability in any company.
Gold Medal Winner of the 2015 Axiom Book Award for best business theory book!
The Process Improvement Handbook: A Blueprint for Managing Change and Increasing Organizational Performance introduces an all-encompassing body of knowledge for anyone looking to improve their operating environment. It presents a practical way to build and improve processes, and can assist professionals whether they are learning the basics of Process Improvement, planning their first improvement project, or evangelizing process oriented thinking throughout their organization. All of the concepts explained in this book encapsulate everything needed to enable process excellence from start to finish, saving time, conserving resources, and accomplishing more in a competitive timeframe. These practical insights will make you more effective in any Process Improvement role: from contributor, stakeholder, executive, team member, department, business division, supplier, and customer.
Includes a Foreword from Dr. H. James Harrington, prolific author of over 35 Process Improvement books and winner of numerous quality awards including ASQ's Distinguished Service Medal.
- A comprehensive framework that outlines the methods, tools, and competencies used to create sustainable Process Improvement efforts
- An industry-leading architecture approach for building organizational processes - Process-Oriented Architecture (POA)
- Demonstrating the importance of end-to-end process improvement, and the pitfalls of individual and isolated improvement methods
- Capitalizing on practical agility principles to deliver faster results
- Sample learning materials such as instructions for getting started, practical guides, real-world case studies, and templates available in the book and on an affiliated website
- A self-sufficient reference guide that all employees can easily use or self-train with
- A common vocabulary within the Process Improvement profession for discussing, writing, and applying Process Improvement concepts
- A robust tool for educating or training organizations and professionals