The most trusted source of complete pilot information--totally revised and updated!
A good pilot is always learning. That's why The Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge, Fifth Edition, is such an indispensable resource. This bestselling guide covers all the essential information a pilot needs to become more knowledgeable--from terminology, navigation, airport and airspace operations to radio communications, emergency procedures, flight planning, weather, and much more. At the same time, it strikes a balance of being both concise and comprehensive in a streamlined, to-the-point format--while retaining the integrity and scope of the original material.
Thoroughly revised, this new fifth edition has also been updated to include current FAA policies as well as procedures involving pilot and passenger safety in flight, as well as safe operations at airports and airspaces, at and between airports. There's never been a more resourceful way for a pilot to add to the foundation on which safe flying skills are built--while continuing to learn.
New to this edition:
- The most complete step-by-step, call-by-call, radio communications chapter available to today's aviation student covering a long-distance flight from start to finish
- Updated FAA mandated standards of policies and procedures
- Additional photos and drawings
- A more streamlined design
- Complete flight planning strategies for long-distance flights