The definitive evidence-based introduction to patient history-taking
"e;NOW IN FULL COLOR"e;
A Doody's Core Title for 2015
For medical students and other health professions students, an accurate differential diagnosis starts with "e;The Patient History."e; The ideal companion to major textbooks on the physical examination, this trusted guide is widely acclaimed for its skill-building, and evidence based approach to the medical history.
Now in full color, "e;The Patient History"e; defines best practices for the patient interview, explaining how to effectively elicit information from the patient in order to generate an accurate differential diagnosis. The second edition features all-new chapters, case scenarios, and a wealth of diagnostic algorithms. Introductory chapters articulate the fundamental principles of medical interviewing. The book employs a rigorous evidenced-based approach, reviewing and highlighting relevant citations from the literature throughout each chapter.
- NEW Case scenarios introduce each chapter and place history-taking principles in clinical context
- NEW Self-assessment multiple choice Q&A conclude each chapter an ideal review for students seeking to assess their retention of chapter material
- NEW Full-color presentation
- Essential chapter on red eye, pruritus, and hair loss
- Symptom-based chapters covering 59 common symptoms and clinical presentations
- Diagnostic approach section after each chapter featuring color algorithms and several multiple-choice questions
- Hundreds of practical, high-yield questions to guide the history, ranging from basic queries to those appropriate for more experienced clinicians