"e;Intelligence, ambition, and skill can take you a long way to achieving your career goals--but no matter where or with whom you work, one of the factors most essential to your success is knowing how to act and interact with your colleagues. In the modern workplace, if you lack good communications skills, social savvy, and a sense of appropriate behavior, you'll be going nowhere fast.
The Etiquette Edge gives you a clear, commonsense approach to making "e;good behavior"e; a competitive advantage. Packed with quizzes, helpful checklists, and clear examples, this practical book shows you how to:
* Make a great impression on bosses, and get along with "e;enemies"e;
* Deliver uncomfortable-to-convey information with tact and finesse--including condolences
* Turn your body language into a communication asset
* Register complaints without sounding like a troublemaker
* Skillfully schmooze your way to success...and much more
Rather than dwelling on dry, nitpicky rules, The Etiquette Edge gives you the straight scoop on the most effective communication and behavior styles for negotiating the complex terrain of today's workplace--and getting ahead "e;