A call for parents to take responsibility for their children and give them what they truly need in order to grow, thrive, and love.
Take a good look around you: you can't go into stores or restaurants without seeing joyless children screaming and sulking while their parents ignore them. According to esteemed child psychiatrist Robert Shaw, this epidemic has become so much the norm that we often don't recognize its warning signs. This bold and timely book tells you how to save your child and your family—with a commonsense approach that cuts to the core of the problem and shows us the cure. The Epidemic covers:
- Developing your child's ability to love
- Managing child care and minimizing the damage
- Raising cooperative, joyful, and creative children
- Promoting self-esteem and confidence rather than self-centeredness
- Avoiding the harmful effects of electronic media
- Healing angry, contemptuous, withdrawn, and out-of-control children