This is the definitive manual for coaching America's fastest-growing sport for kids aged 8-19. Written for both beginning and seasoned coaches, "The Complete Book of Coaching Youth Soccer" shows you--in concise, easy-to-understand terms--how to organize, motivate, and lead your youth soccer team to success on the field. Included are:
- Step-by-step teaching points
- Rules and strategies of the game
- More than 100 illustrative diagrams
- More than 75 practice and competitive drills
- Complete 10-week season plans for each of three separate age groups
Designed for easy, on-the-field reference, author Simon Whitehead's proven practice drills are designed progressively to develop maximum skills for both individual and team play. Simon Whitehead lives in Minneapolis and has coached high school and college soccer in England and in the United States for more than ten years. Using proven European teaching methods, he shows the soccer coach how to maximize each young player's enthusiasm, involvement, and personal success in soccer.