The Big Dinosaur Book is the perfect book for the child who wants to know absolutely everything about life on prehistoric Earth. With the imminent 2015 release of Steven Spielberg's Jurassic World 3D movie, this is the perfect companion for kids who want to know more.
This brightly illustrated book discusses the four major groups of reptile: the carnivores, the herbivores, those that swam and those that flew, in an entertaining and accessible style.
Chapter 1: The Carnivores
To include: Crest-headed Beasts; The Smallest Dinosaurs; Jurassic Giant; Fast Hunters; Bird Mimics; Tyrannosaurids.
- Dino Science: Layers of Time - the study of fossils
- Dino Q&A: Record Breakers
Chapter 2: The Herbivores
To include: Sauropods; Ornithipods - The Bird Feet; The Iguanodon Dynasty; The Duckbills; The Plated Lizards; The Club Tails; Boneheads.
- Dino Science: The Changing Planet
- Dino Q&A: Is it True? - dispelling dinosaur myths
Chapter 3: In the Sea
To include: Placodonts - The Shell-seekers; Giants of the Sea; Pliosaurs; Elasmosaurs; Ichthyosaurs - The Fish Lizards; Mosasaurs.
- Dino Science: Discoveries of the 19th and 20th Centuries
- Dino Q&A: What if... dinosaurs were living today?
Chapter 4: In the Sky
To include: Pterosaurs; Big Heads; Soft Coverings; Heads and Crests; The First Bird; Chinese 'Gang of Three'.
- Dino Science: Extinction
- Dino Q&A: What did they really look like?
Chapter 5: Dino Fact File
A-Z directory of 40 creatures from the Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous periods; one per page