For successful classroom teaching, your students need to be engaged and active learners. In this book, there is practical advice that is grounded in the realities of teaching in today's classrooms on how to be an inspirational teacher and produce highly motivated students. This book contains 220 positive, practical teaching ideas that are relevant to both new and experienced classroom teachers.
- teaching tools to inspire and captivate
- motivation for learning
- engaging learners
- how to create a learning atmosphere
- classroom management
- cooperative learning
- learning outside of the classroom
- moving learners around the room
- assessment for motivation and engagement
- feedback and praise
- using emerging technologies to engage
- using homework
- supporting learners in learning how to learn
- challenging learners of all abilities
With reference to reflective practice, best practice and Continuing Professional Development (CPD), this book provides essential support for trainee teachers, new teachers and experienced teachers looking to extend their repertoire.
Warren Kidd is Senior Lecturer in Post Compulsory Education and Training at The Cass School of Education, University of East London.
Gerry Czerniawski is Senior Lecturer in Secondary Social Science and Humanities Education at the Cass School of Education, University of East London.