A handy Korean phrasebook and guide to the Korean language,Survival Korean contains basic vocabulary necessary for getting around.
This book contains all the necessary words and phrases for speaking Korean in any kind of setting. Perfect for students, tourists, or business people learning Korean or travelling to Korea, it also contains a beginner guide to the Korean language, allowing for a deeper understanding of Korean than a typical Korean phrasebook or Korean dictionary. The book is broken into four basic sections: Common Korean Expressions and Key Words, Essential Korean Communication Tools, Korean Travel Vocabulary and Useful Korean Expressions, and Korean Pronunciation Guides for Key Korean Names and Signs. All Korean words and phrases are written in Romanized form as well phonetically, making pronouncing Korean a breeze. For example, the word forHello!
is also written asYoe-boh-say-yoh!
. Authentic Korean script (Hangul
) is also included so that in the case of difficulties the book can be shown to the person the user is trying to communicate with.
This phrasebook includes:
- Hundreds of useful Korean words and expressions.
- An English–Korean index with more than 1,000 additional words and their pronunciation for quick reference.
- Romanized forms, phonetic spellings, and Korean script (Hangul) for all words and phrases.
- A concise background and history of the Korean language.
- An introduction to the Korean Alphabet.
- A pronunciation guide for Korean syllables.
- A guide to Korean grammar.
Not everyone has time to attend regular Korean classes. A busy schedule, however, does not mean you cannot learn Korean. With this fun and easy Korean phrase book you will soon be speaking Korean without fear or fuss! Titles in this bestselling phrase book series include:Survival Japanese, Survival Arabic, Survival Chinese, Survival Tagalog, Survival Hindi, and Survival Korean