Celebrate the simple gifts of garden, farm, and market around your table. Bring your care for God's good earth into your kitchen and join a community that is cooking with a conscience. This tenth anniversary edition of Simply in Season serves up more than three hundred market-inspired recipes, organized by season, and stories and tips from cooks on eating locally. The pleasure of seasonal eating comes alive through gorgeous photographs of dishes and produce, and an expanded fruit and vegetable guide helps you shop for and cook with local foods.
The recipes in this book:
* Help you to bring fresh, local flavors to your table
* Inspire you to make informed food choices
* Welcome you to a community of seasonal cooks
* Invite you to learn the story behind your food
Simple. Local. Sustainable. Faithful.
What is new in the tenth-anniversary edition:
* Colorful photographs of seasonal dishes
* Expanded fruit and vegetable guide with storage, preparing, and serving suggestions
* Labels on gluten-free and vegetarian recipes
* Seasonal menus to guide meal planning
Part of the World Community Cookbook series published in cooperation with Mennonite Central Committee, a worldwide ministry of relief, development, and peace. Royalties go to nourish people around the world.
Simply in Season
A World Community Cookbook