The world of celebrity and entertainment thrives on scandal, intrigue and plain bad behaviour! Competition is fierce, and a headline-grabbing anecdote or snarling comment has the power to fill gossip columns and keep the savvy star at the forefront of all the attention.
Rock Venom is a hilarious compendium of catty remarks passed between jealous rock stars over the years, usually in interviews with the ever hawkish music press.
Discover what your favourite pop singers really think about their rivals - or what they mutter under their breath when the award goes to the band they hate...perhaps after a second or third bottle of wine..!
- 'Oasis are the Spice Girls in drag!' Geri Halliwell, Spice Girls 1998
- 'I've still not learned how to master that Mariah Carey dog whistle.' Lisa Stansfield, 1993
- 'Pete Doherty? Well he needs a bleedin' good slap, that's what. He needs locking down in rehab for a couple of months.' Sharon Osbourne, 2005
- 'Prince looks like a dwarf who's been dipped in a bucket of pubic hair. Boy George, 1986
- 'Marc Bolan isn't camp - he's prissy and fey and engrossed in his own image.' David Bowie, 1972