Laws and legal issues in the health and fitness arena become clear with this well-organized text. You will learn invaluable risk management strategies to promote safer programs and environments. You will discover and expand your knowledge of many legal concerns related to emergency procedures, employment, equipment, and facility issues, pre-activity health screening, fitness testing and prescription, and instruction and supervision. Real-life health/fitness case law examples provide practical and useful illustrations of negligence to help you understand and minimize your legal liability.
- A first-time-ever summary of important published standards of practice from over 10 premiere health/fitness professional and independent organizations
- Sample forms such as waivers, informed consents, and incident reports to help you understand how to protect yourself and your organization from legal liability
- Tables and figures to help illustrate important legal and risk management concepts
- "e;Put into Practice"e; checklists to reinforce learning and help you develop a comprehensive risk management plan
- Risk Management Assignments to teach you the action steps for providing a reasonably safer program and environment for participants
- A Risk Management Pyramid summarizing the text and highlighting seven lines of defense to protect yourself and your organization from negligence
Online resources include an electronic version of the book and downloadable forms contained in this book.