Incompetent, lazy, spotlight-hogging, whiny, backstabbing, avoidant—there’s no end to the personality challenges that impede workplace relationships. But interacting effectively with employees, colleagues, and bosses is essential for success.
With Powerful Phrases for Dealing with Difficult People, anyone can confront problems head-on, before they fester and spread. Practical and easy to use, the book helps you identify button-pushing situations and deploy simple phrases to regain control and resolve conflicts—no matter who you’re dealing with. Helpful features include:
• Thirty common personality traits, behaviors, and workplace scenarios along with the phrases that work best with each
• Nonverbal communication skills to back up your words
• Sample dialogues that demonstrate how phrasing improves interactions
• A five-step process for moving from conflict to resolution
• “Why This Works” sections that provide detailed explanations
Like it or not, the bulk of our waking hours are spent with people at work. This book’s pithy, powerful communication tips will make those hours far more harmonious and productive.