Modern Arab Journalism offers a new outlook in studying Arab news media. It approaches its subject from an innovative angle, asking a series of key questions:
* How is Arab journalism different from or similar to journalism in other countries?
* What defines the tasks of journalists?
* Who has access to this field?
* How is power distributed inside the field of Arab journalism?
* When were the media programs launched at Arab universities and what characterizes them?
Although the field of Arab journalism has received tremendous attention from the public as well as journalistic circles around the world in recent times, this book presents the first detailed exploration of the area, opening up a new research agenda and challenging the concepts taken for granted in Arab media scholarship.
Modern Arab Journalism
Edinburgh University Press
Problems and Prospects
Education & Reference