Enjoy a happier, more fulfilling and less stressed London life.
"Mindful London"invites you to slow down, wake up and be present to the everyday in a more meaningful way, in one of the world's greatest cities. For Londoners and visitors looking to enhance their experience of the city, and for those curious about mindfulness, this is your essential guide. Features quiet and peaceful places to retreat to in the middle of the chaos, from the silence and sanctuary of libraries, museums and churches to the rejuvenating influence of nature found in London's myriad green spaces and waterways. Includes suggestions for things to do that will help you de-stress and re-energise, from yoga and tai chi to wild swimming and other more restorative forms of exercise, to mindful ways to appreciate London's architecture, art and music, as well as the city's more informal sights and sounds.
However, mindfulness is really all about being more present, awake and aware in all elements of our daily lives. At the core of this book you will find simple mindfulness exercises, reflections and reminders that are easy to incorporate into your busy day: on the Tube, bus or walking to work, while eating a quick lunch, working out at the gym, waiting in a queue or at the red light.
"Mindful London"is the secret to living a more balanced life in the big city.
- The best green spaces, waterways and wildlife, and the importance of nature to mindful city living
- How to take a fresh look at art and notice the city's everyday architectural details
- Exercises for mindful commuting, whether you are on the bus, the train or walking to work
- Peaceful interiors, hideaways and sanctuaries
- Mindful listening, from music to the sounds of the city
- Yoga, tai chi, mindful running, wild swimming and other forms of mindful movement
- Practical mindfulness techniques to try throughout and a guide to mindfulness and meditation centres, groups, events and courses"
How to Find Calm and Contentment in the Chaos of the City
Mind, Body & Spirit