Gain a Deeper Understanding of Mechanical Fastening: Assemble More Efficient and Competitive Products
A good design, quality parts, and properly executed assembly procedures and processes result in well-fastened assemblies. Utilizing a combined knowledge of mechanical assembly engineering and fastening technology, Mechanical Fastening, Joining, and Assembly, Second Edition provides readers with a solid understanding of mechanical fastening, joining, and assembly information. Based on the author s experience in the field, this updated mechanical arts guide and reference chronicles the technical progress since the first edition was published more than a decade ago.
Provides Case Studies Showing Real-World Applications for Commonly Used Assemblies"
The second edition addresses recent trends in the industry, and looks at new fastening technologies used in aerospace, automotive, and other key areas. It explains the fastening function in depth, and describes the types of fastening approaches that can be used effectively. The revised text expands on the presentation and review of fastened components, detailing the assembly, design, manufacturing, and installation of fastener products and procedures. It covers specific joining applications, including vibration, standard, and special materials; details environmental factors; and provides useful reference charts for future use. "
What s New in the Second Edition:
- Provides an up-to-date selection of technologies
- Contains practical approaches to modern fastener technology
- Reviews engineering fundamentals with a focus on their application in the fastener industry
- Includes a section on fastener statics
- Expands on fastener manufacturing processes, most specifically cold heading and roll threading
- Adds fastener dynamics to draw attention to forces in motion (wind turbine hub turning in strong winds) and fastener strength of materials
- Extends review of the economics of fastening and provides some tools for engineering economics
- Examines the difference in static and dynamic strengths
- Considers fastener materials in this new century, provides some observations about the fastener laboratory, and discusses electrical theory
- Addresses sustainability, application product management, thermodynamics, energy systems, and new thought maps for application analysis
- Takes a look at a favorite application, D&D 100, and more
Mechanical Fastening, Joining, and Assembly, Second Edition is accessible to novices and experienced technologists and engineers, and covers the latest in fastener technology and assembly training.