The book of Job helps us work through one of the most difficult questions that confronts us in life: Why do bad things happen to good people? In Job: A Good Man Asks Why, author Kevin Perrotta walks us through the key points in the book of Job and helps us understand suffering, justice, and love in a new light.
A Guided Discovery of the Bible
The Bible invites us to explore God's word and reflect on how we might respond to it. To do this, we need guidance and the right tools for discovery. The Six Weeks with the Bible series of Bible discussion guides offers both in a concise six-week format. Whether focusing on a specific biblical book or exploring a theme that runs throughout the Bible, these practical guides in this series provide meaningful insights that explain Scripture while helping readers make connections to their own lives. Each guide
* is faithful to Church teaching and is guided by sound biblical scholarship
* presents the insights of Church fathers and saints
* includes questions for discussion and reflection
* delivers information in a reader-friendly format
* gives suggestions for prayer that help readers respond to God's word
* appeals to beginners as well as to advanced students of the Bible
By reading Scripture, reflecting on its deeper meanings, and incorporating it into our daily life, we can grow not only in our understanding of God's word, but also in our relationship with God.