HTML5 Unleashed is the authoritative guide that covers the key web components driving the future of the Web. Harness the power of HTML5 to create web apps and solutions that deliver state-of-the-art media content and interactivity with new Audio, Video, and Canvas elements.
HTML5 technologies are essential knowledge for today's web developers and designers. New APIs such as Local Storage, Geolocation, Web Workers, and more expand the Web as a platform, allowing for desktop-like applications that work uniformly across platforms.
Comprehensive and up-to-date, HTML5 Unleashed is organized as an accessible guide of tutorials and practical references. Because HTML5 covers a far-reaching set of standards, each chapter in HTML5 Unleashed is written to stand on its own. Whether you choose to skip around or read it cover to cover, full-color syntax and figures in HTML5 Unleashed ensure that you do not need to be next to a computer to learn the most important concepts of the modern Web.
DETAILED INFORMATION ON HOW TO…
- Use new HTML5 features and syntax to create common web page components in a standardized way, with less code
- Ensure graceful backward compatibility with "e;polyfilling"e; libraries, so users of older browsers are not left behind
- Harness the power of semantic HTML5 tags and Microdata to improve your site accessibility and search engine results
- Create consistent, rich user experiences across desktop and mobile platforms with the new Audio and Video elements
- Create HTML5 Canvas web applications, with chapters dedicated to Canvas interactivity and Canvas performance
- Utilize the new functionality of Geolocation to display locality-aware content to users and harness the power of GPS
- Use the new Local Storage options to build pages that work offline and robust apps that can store heavyweight data client-side
- Communicate with servers in real-time with WebSockets and take advantage of the new Ajax possibilities with XMLHttpRequest Level 2