This hardcover book is an excellent historical resource, and a great gift for anyone with an interest in history. Organized chronologically from Antiquity to modern times and beyond, History's Worst Predictions excavates the strata of history to expose the credulity and absurdity of humanity's prophetic utterances. Every aspect of human life--religion, politics, science, economy, culture, and war--has provided material for the most far-fetched and inaccurate of predictions. Chapters include:
- The "First" Second Coming: Saints Mark, Matthew, Luke, and Paul
- Plagiarist Prophet: Nostradamus
- Historical Imperative: Karl Marx
- Man of Peace: Neville Chamberlain
- All Shook Up: Variety Magazine
This beautifully illustrated, full-color volume contains photographs and maps that bring each chapter to life, depicting the people and places responsible for some of the most infamous prophecies in human history.