Studying the epidemiology, identification, pathogenesis and clinical features of diseases associated with herpes simplex viruses, this important reference evaluates the latest treatment regimens, mechanisms of immune response and evasion, and research related to vaccines for the prevention and reduction of HSV outbreaks.
Covering the basic virology relevant to the understanding of disease manifestations, Herpes Simplex Viruses analyzes:
- the evolution of HSV infections
- recent clinical trials using new and emerging pharmaceuticals, as well as new treatments for HSV
- prognoses and management schemes for different disease manifestations of HSV
- well-known diseases such as gingivostomatitis and recurrent labial infection, HSV infections of the skin, acute and recurrent genital infection, and ocular infection
- diseases recently associated with HSV such as paresis of the facial nerve.