EV3 without limits Build 5 amazing robotics projects that take DIY to a whole new level You can do "way" more with your LEGO Mindstorms EV3 kit than anyone ever told you In this full-color, step-by-step tutorial, top-maker and best-selling author John Baichtal shows you how to transcend Mindstorms limits as you build five cutting-edge robotics projects. You ll discover just how much you can do with "only" the parts that came with your kit and how much farther you can go with extremely low-cost add-ons like Arduino and Raspberry Pi. You ll learn how to reprogram your Mindstorms Intelligent Brick to add additional hardware options and create more complex programs. Hundreds of full-color, step-by-step photos teach you every step, every skill. Whenever you re ready for advanced techniques, Baichtal explains them in plain English.
Here s just "some" of what you ll learn how to do:
- Build a drawing Plotter Bot that gyrates to draw new patterns
- Hack Mindstorms wires andcontrol robots "without" wires
- Create a remote-controlled crane, and operate it from your smartphone
- Use the EV3 brick to control third-party electronic modules of all kinds
- Replace the EV3 brick with smarter, more flexible Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or BeagleBone Black hardware
- Build a robotic flower whose petals open and close based on time of day
- Use third-party sensors to build robots that can sense practically anything
- Load an alternate operating system onto your EV3 brick
- 3D print, laser, and mill your own perfect LEGO parts
- Create ball contraptions, and extend them with your own custom parts
- Make a pole-climbing robot and hook up an altimeter to track its height
This book is not authorized or endorsed by the LEGO(r)Group. Register Your Book at www.quepublishing.com/register and receive 35% off your next purchase. "