'The book gives a comprehensive overview of what research and the research experience encompass....This book makes an interesting read for everyone who has carried out qualitative research or is planning to do so in the future. It is well-written, and very clearly structured' - Social Research Association
While each research situation is different and no book can fully prepare the researcher for what they experience - this book provides a guide to what may be expected. Brian Roberts takes the researcher through the research process, answering the practical and subjective questions anyone will face:
- entering the field and finding the right research topic
- emotional and identity issues of research
- overcoming writing and research 'blocks'
- getting your research into reports, articles and books
- reactions to research and how to handle experiences of rejection
- and the questions every researcher should ask: What do I get from research, and what next?
Loaded with advice on everything from organizing interpretations to coping with stress, this book is a must-read for students of all levels across the social sciences who are about to enter the research field.