From Cover to Cover has been considered the definitive guide to reading, reviewing, and critically evaluating children's books since its original publication in 1997. Now revised and updated, it remains an invaluable resource offering a fresh, up-to-date look at a fast-changing field.
All-new material includes:
- An updated introduction that reflects the many changes in the children's book industry
- A section on genres, including a discussion of graphic novels
- A section on children's literature blogs
- An introduction of two new major genre awards—the Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Medal and the Theodor Seuss Geisel Award
- And more than 90 percent of the books cited have been updated to more recent publications!