The five-volume Encyclopedia of Careers and Vocational Guidance, 16th Edition is an essential resource for public, college, high school, and junior high school libraries; career centers; guidance offices; and other agencies involved with career exploration and planning.
Along with revisions and updates, each article has been expanded to a new, more comprehensive format, and many new articles have been added. Each article offers detailed career information, sidebars, and other user-friendly features, including a new Career Ladder, which shows common career paths for each profession, and new sections, such as Unions and Associations and Tips for Entry. Called out by graphic icons are the top fastest-growing careers and the top careers that experts predict will add the greatest number of positions.
This edition features:
- Comprehensive overviews of 120 career fields and industries
- The latest information on job duties, salaries, and employment trends for more than 820 professions
- Sidebars providing additional reading on industry issues and history, useful Web sites, industry jargon, and much more
- Hundreds of photographs of people at work
- Career articles keyed to two different government classification systems
- Career Guidance section in Volume 1, providing information on interviewing, job hunting, networking, writing résumés, and more
- A comprehensive job title index in each volume, plus additional indexes in Volume 1
- Extensive online references
- Information on using social networking sites for job-hunting, electronic résumés, and more.