Make your first steps in calligraphy fun and rewarding!
You'll be delighted at how easy this guide makes it to address invitations with a touch of class, send unforgettable greeting cards, and craft unique and meaningful gifts.
With Don Marsh's simple and straightforward instruction, you'll be creating graceful handwritten expressions in no time! By learning a few key strokes (most of them found in the letters "a" and "n") you'll be able to form all the letters of the alphabet.
In this book, you'll find everything you need to begin--including:
- Which tools and materials to buy to get off to a good, affordable start
- Easy-to-follow instructions for the most practical and popular lettering styles--simple italic minuscules, simple roman capitals, simple italic capitals and swash caps
- Easy (but effective) exercises that make learning fun
- How to create numerals and decorative flourishes
- Copy-and-use practice sheets
- Inspiring examples of the art of calligraphy
More than a dozen projects--complete with stroke-by-stroke instruction--show you different ways to apply your new skills. You'll find practical and imaginative ideas for greeting cards, invitations, romantic verse and much more. And with Don's help, you can get started right away.