This isn't a typical health and safety book. It won't tell you why you should manage health and safety, or even what you should be managing - there are plenty of other books that do that.
Instead, this book recognises that getting a qualification is only the start of the journey towards being an effective health and safety professional. From overcoming the traditional 'clipboard and cagoule' image of health and safety to convincing people that good health and safety means good business, this practical no-nonsense guide will help you get the best out of your knowledge and experience and the people you work with.
Read this book and you ll learn how to:
- get the support of senior managers and budget holders for your ideas
- stress the 'value-added' benefits of good health and safety management clearly and simply
- develop inspiring ways of overcoming inaction and lack of interest among managers and staff
- create effective and engaging training
- use monitoring and audits to get the best out of the resources available