Sarah Jones presents a comprehensive guide to being an effective and creative assistant studio engineer. However, this book is unique. Rather than offering pages and pages of technical jargon, Jones discusses ways to approach the industry itself including
- How to network and achieve the best internship
- Knowing exactly what will be required of you and what to expect from your role
- The standards of knowledge and technical education you may require
- Pragmatic ways to approach 'difficult' sessions
- Preparing for interviews
- Effective strategies and career management
The book is packed with useful contacts, organisations and support. A host of interviews and anecdotes from established industry figures offer help and advice, giving you the best opportunity to beat the competition and land the engineering job you deserve.