The planning and placement of advertising media is a multibillion dollar business that critically impacts advertising effectiveness. The new edition of this acclaimed and widely adopted text offers practical guidance for those who practice media planning on a daily basis, as well as those who must ultimately approve strategic media decisions.
Full of current brand examples, the book is a "e;must-read"e; for all who will be involved in the media decision process on both the agency and client side. Its easy-to-read style and logical format make it ideal for classroom adoption, and students will benefit from the down-to-earth approach, and real-world business examples.
Several new chapters have been added to the fourth edition, including:
- International advertising
- Campaign evaluation
- The changing role of media planning in agencies, to give the reader a better grounding in the role of media in an advertising and marketing plan today
- Evaluating media vehicles, filled with up-to-date examples
- Search engine marketing, and a thorough revision of the chapter on online display advertising to address the increased emphasis on digital media
- Gaming, and many new examples of the latest digital media with an emphasis on social media, and a new framework for analyzing current and future social media
- Increased coverage of communication planning
- Added focus on the importance of media strategy early on in the book
- Separate chapters for video and audio media (instead of lumping them together in broadcast). This creates a more in-depth discussion of radio in particular
An online instructor's manual with PowerPoint slides and sample test questions is available to adopters.