Increasingly, employers today are using a tough new kind of interview to evaluate candidates and determine how well they think on their feet. To be successful in these new competency-based interviews, job seekers must be prepared with situation-specific examples that highlight the accomplishments, knowledge, and abilities they have that employers need. Featuring a plethora of sample questions—and winning answers—this book is organized by the five core competencies most interviewers are looking for:
• Individual responsibility (decisiveness, independence, flexibility, career goals)
• Managerial skills (leadership, delegation, strategic planning)
• Motivational factors (ambition, initiative)
• Analytical skills (problem solving, attention to detail)
• People skills (teamwork, communication, customer service)
This indispensable guide features fill-in-the-blank exercises readers can use to prepare themselves to demonstrate sought-after competencies and wow potential employers. It’s a powerful book no job seeker should be without.