Of all the complications which arise from diabetes, cardiovascular complications are by far the most prevalent and with the highest mortality rate.
Authored by some of the world's leading names in this area, this outstanding book provides all those managing diabetic patients with clinical, practical and succinct guidance to the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular complications in diabetes.
With a joint endocrinology and cardiology focus, and with the very latest in clinical guidelines from the ADA, EASD, AHA, ASC and ESC, selected highlights include:
- The role of new biomarkers of cardiovascular disease in diabetes
- The latest on diagnosis of cardiovascular problems via vascular imaging
- Hypertension and cardiovascular disease in the diabetic patient
- Dyslipidaemia and its management in type 2 diabetes
- Management of thrombosis, acute coronary syndrome and peripheral arterial disease in diabetes
Key points, case studies and self-assessment questions allow for rapid-reference, quick understanding of all topics, thus ensuring that this is perfect reading for endocrinologists, diabetes specialists and cardiologists of all levels managing patients with diabetes and associated cardiovascular problems.