If you've ever been fascinated by the interests and, more importantly, the purchasing power of millennials, our top ten this week should be of great interest to you.
This week, a book that is in its first week of publication in Australia has landed in the top 5. This happens from time to time, sure, but what makes this book special is the army of followers the authors have amassed.
It's incredible to watch the phenomenon that is the rise and rise of the YouTube celebrity make its way into our stores and onto our shelves. It is likely that the top ten next week will reflect more YouTube vloggers, with three huge vlogger releases set to happen this week. Read on to find out which vlogging book sold over 500 copies in its first week.
Our top twenty best-selling books for the week ending Saturday 17 October were:
1. Secret Garden by Johanna Basford
2. Inside by Chris Judd
3. Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford
4. Millie Marotta's Tropical Wonderland by Millie Marotta
5. The Amazing Book is Not on Fire by Dan and Phil
6. Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
7. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: Illustrated Edition by J K Rowling
8. Millie Marotta's Animal Kingdom by Millie Marotta
9. The Girl in the Spider's Web by David Lagercrantz
10. I Quit Sugar: Simplicious by Sarah Wilson
Our vlogger superstars this week are of course Dan and Phil, with Dan being the star of a YouTube channel that has over 5 million subscribers (that's the entire population of Sydney, FYI) and Phil having a successful radio presenting career. Their new book, The Amazing Book is Not on Fire, sold over 500 copies in its first week in Australia alone. Dan and Phil uploaded video that talks more about the book and you can watch that here.
Moving further up the list, we're pleased to welcome retired AFL legend Chris Judd to our bestsellers list. Chris had a remarkable football career, playing for both the West Coast Eagles and the Carlton Blues, and his new autobiography gives his fans a unique look into the life of the man behind the footballer. Chris has been visiting Dymocks stores across the country and he still has a few stops left on his tour, so click here to see if he'll be coming to a store near you.