This week, our top ten was all about new editions of old favourites.
There were, of course, some of the usual suspects (also known as adult colouring books), but we were very excited to see some of the biggest names in children's and young adult fiction in the list.
New editions of two books that were published 18 and 10 years ago made it into the list this week, along with a new book from an author whose most iconic book series is also celebrating a ten-year anniversary in 2015.
Our top twenty best-selling books for the week ending Saturday 10 October were:
1. Secret Garden by Johanna Basford
2. Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford
3. Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
4. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: Illustrated Edition by J K Rowling
5. Millie Marotta's Animal Kingdom by Millie Marotta
6. Millie Marotta's Tropical Wonderland by Millie Marotta
7. I Quit Sugar: Simplicious by Sarah Wilson
8. The 65-Storey Treehouse by Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton
9. Twilight Tenth Anniversary Edition by Stephenie Meyer
10. The Girl in the Spider's Web by David Lagercrantz
Rick Riordan, known by most for his Percy Jackson & the Olympians
series, is back with a new book. Sword of Summer
is the first book in the new Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard series.
When news broke earlier this year of an illustrated Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
, we all lost our minds. The result is a book more beautiful than we could have ever imagined.
One of our staff members from the Brisbane store has posted a complete flip through of the new book. Check it out here
if you're interested.
Earlier in October, Stephenie Meyer celebrated the tenth anniversary of Twilight
by announcing that a special edition of her iconic paranormal teen romance would come with some secret bonus content. That bonus content was finally revealed to be Life and Death
, a gender-swapped version that replaces Bella and Edward with Beaufort and Edythe. We reviewed the new content on the blog last week
, and we thoroughly enjoyed going back to Forks ten years later.