Today is the last day of November, Booklovers. How did we get here?
After today, you have 24 days left to do your Christmas shopping, to get all the books you bought (because what better present could there possibly be after books) wrapped, to write all your cards, to prepare the food your friends and family will enjoy with you, and to plan in advance when you'll have time to read during the madness.
If you're looking for some Christmas gift-spiration, our list of top ten best-selling books this week has something for everyone!
Our top ten best-selling books for the week ending Saturday 28 November were:
1. Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 10) by Jeff Kinney
2. Everyday Super Food by Jamie Oliver
3. The Official Harry Potter Colouring Book
4. The Lake House by Kate Morton
5. Fromelles & Pozieres: In the Trenches of Hell by Peter FitzSimons
6. Spirits of the Ghan by Judy Nunn
7. Lost Ocean by Johanna Basford
8. The Dressmaker: Film Tie-In Edition by Rosalie Ham
9. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Illustrated Edition by JK Rowling and Jim Kay
10. Secret Garden by Johanna Basford
The reign of colouring books, though somewhat less dominant than previous weeks, continues this week, with Johanna Basford having two of her three books in our best-sellers list. The third colouring book in the list is the unexpectedly popular Harry Potter colouring book, which is proving to be just as enjoyable for muggles as it is for wizards and witches.
Kate Morton, Judy Nunn, and Rosalie Ham are representing Australian women in spectacular fashion this week. Though their three books are vastly different, any of their three novels (or, if you're feeling generous, all of their three novels) would make brilliant gifts this Christmas. And, while she is not Australian and her novel is not for adults, we think JK Rowling is pretty special as well. The illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone is not to be missed this festive season.