Our top ten best-selling books this week 7 March edition
There are some new faces in our list of best-sellers this week.
Oscars fever looks like it's finally settling down, and we have only three film tie-in editions in our top ten this week. Though, perhaps some of you are getting in early, with the Me Before You film hitting our screens later this year and lots of talk about an adaptation of Elena Ferrante's Neapolitan Novels online.
We have a non-novel at the top of our best-sellers list this week for the first time in a long whilte, and no, it's not a colouring book. (Yes, we heard that sigh of relief from here.) The author is a very popular doctor who has been touring Australia recently.
The top ten list this week also includes the new novel from one of the most successful novelists in the world.
Our top ten best-selling books for the week ending Saturday 5 March were:
1. The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet by Dr Michael Mosley
2. Cometh The Hour by Jeffrey Archer
3. All the Light we Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
4. Room Film Tie-In Edition by Emma Donoghue
5. My Brilliant Friend (The Neapolitan Novels Book 1) by Elena Ferrante
6. The Dressmaker: Film Tie-In Edition by Rosalie Ham
7. This is Gail by Juliette O'Brien
8. 15th Affair by James Patterson
9. The Revenant Film Tie-In Edition by Michael Punke
10. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Hot off the back of his Australian tour, Dr Michael Mosley's The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet has jumped into top spot this week. In his new book, Dr Mosley demolishes common myths, such as the claim that steady weight loss is always better than rapid weight loss, and that those who lose weight rapidly will inevitably put it back on.
Also new to the top ten this week is This is Gail by Juliette O'Brien. In 2008, inspirational surgeon Chris O'Brien published his best-selling memoir called Never Say Die. The book documented his struggle with brain cancer, and sadly Chris passed away in 2009. This is his wife Gail's story. It's a deeply moving story of resilience, of strength, and of finding your place in the world at last.
Posted by Global Administrator on 07/03/2016