#LoveOzYA Day 13: Q&A with Trinity
We’re sad to say that today is the last official day of our #LoveOzYA promotion.
It was fantastic for so many authors to give their time and answer our questions, and we really hope that you have enjoyed all of the Q&As from some of your favourite Australian authors.
We still have some unpublished responses to post, and while the 2 for $30 offer finishes today we’re going to make sure the rest of the responses get posted over the coming days.
Today we have a Q&A from Trinity Doyle, whose debut novel Pieces of Sky
is of course part of the 2 for $30 promo!
1. What was your favourite book growing up and why?
Looking For Alibrandi
by Melina Marchetta. I connected to Josie straight away with her unruly hair and love of Jacob Coote—Alibrandi
will always be close to my heart.
2. If you could invite three fictional characters to dinner, who would you pick?
Insert any three Marchetta characters here—except Will Tromble, never liked that guy.
3. What is your favourite part of the #LoveOzYA community?
The wonderful support everyone has for each other and just getting to feel proud to be a part of it.
4. What would you like to tell your 18 year-old self?
At 32 you’ll still be incredibly awkward but you’ll be more comfortable with that.
5. If you could pick the next big ‘trend’ in YA fiction, what would you choose?
Smurfs. YA needs way more adventures with tiny blue characters.
6. Who inspires you? (Doesn’t have to be limited to other writers.)
All the women with their fearless, brave hearts not asking for permission to be themselves.
7. What YA book absolutely needs to be adapted into a film?
by Kirsty Eagar. It would be so gothic and grey; it would be freaking incredible.
8. What’s the best #LoveOzYA book you’ve read in the past 12 months?
How to be Happy
by David Burton. Required reading by everyone.
9. What is your number one tip for would-be writers?
Figure out what’s happening inside you and write about it.
10. How would you summarise your latest book in 25 words or less?
Sad ocean book with a good soundtrack.